Sunday 11 December 2011

Puss in the Boots or Puss in Boots


Salam , Hello and Greetings to all.

Holiday is the most suitable time for me to spend time with family especially with my children. As this moment I have not make any plans yet of going for a trip either sightseeing or shopping. But just to relax and spend quality time with my girls, I decided to take them to a movie. My wife and our two sons did not come along. My 8 year old son prefers to stay home so that he can spend his time playing games in the net without having to share with his sisters. My wife had to take care of my 2 month old son.

There are a few good movies screening right now. I let my girls choose the movies they want to watch. They came to a choice between The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn and Puss in Boots. Since I haven’t watched any of the Twilight series, we decided to choose Puss in Boots. Another reason or I should say the main reason that we choose Puss in Boots is because my 2nd daughter is a big fan of Lady Gaga and she told that her song is in the movie.

 
On the way to the cinema, I was arguing with my daughters about the title of the movie. I said that it should be Puss in the Boots rather than Puss in Boots.  The movie was in 3D and the ticket was quite expensive (RM18), so for 3 of us, it summed up to RM54. (for about 90 minutes of entertainment) . When the movie started, then only I realized that the title was correct.

Puss in Boots means Puss the cat wears boots as in Men in Black where the men wore black. Logically this cannot be true because how can a cat walk wearing boots but this is a cartoon character in which the cat walks on 2 legs and uses the other 2 to fight using a sword.

I am not much of a movie critic therefore you may not have to agree with my view about the movie. In my view, the combination of Antonio Banderas (Puss in Boots) and Salma Hayek (Kitty Soft Paws) as the voices of the two main characters in the movie is excellent.  The Spanish accent from the two suits the animated character. The 3D animation was great and the combinations of the nursery rhyme characters such as Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, Jack the Beanstalk, Golden Goose and a few others make it lively. It is not a really funny movie but it has a story and message. Since it is an animated cartoon movie, you have to forget about the law of physics or logic.  My view of the movie, it is a good family entertainment and I gave the movie a score of 8.2 out of 10.

At the end, the much awaited moment is the song Americano by Lady Gaga played during the credits. We tried to wait for the whole song to end but we were asked to leave because the crew had to clean up before the next show.

That’s it for now………..thank you for spending your time reading.
Have a pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment